Saturday, January 28, 2006

Say My Name

It's half past 5 in the morning. While waiting for Subuh,let's talk about pseudonym. I have lots of them. And they went as far back as 1997:

1 Karisma (not a spun-off Karisma Kapoor, ok! It's the name of one of my favorite teacher back then)

2 Nur Nadirah (i must have picked it up from those Malay novels i had been reading)

3 Nur (how i always wanted my name to be spelt back then)

4 Khairani (now where did that came from..?)

5 Anie

6 Aniez

7 Markiez; combination of 'Aniez' and 'Mark'; Mark Feehily from Westlife. Yes, the recently-confessed-gay. I didn't know he's a gay back then!. This nickname stucked with me throughout the years. Chat-frens called me 'Kiez' for short. Even during phonecalls!

8 Kiezamy; Kiez' and 'Amelia'. 'Amelia' orginated from a online love-story that i wrote years ago with the main characters 'Amelia' and 'Kamal Hisham'. This 'Amelia' and 'Kamal Hisham' can make up for another entry but suffice to say i found my real-life 'Kamal Hisham' through the online story. Online readers whom later became chat-frens begun calling me 'Amy'; short for 'Amelia'.

I have realised it for quite sometimes. But it became more prominent when he raised it just now. Take a look at "KIEZ". Did something strike you, especially at the last 2 alphabets? And this nick was way before we get together. Nice coincidence, eh? *smile*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home