Thursday, September 15, 2005

I walk alone II


When you are down in the dumps, not even siblings snuff you out.
But friends too. Close friends, that is. That you thought you have known really well. That you thought the friendship had been sealed in concrete. Whereby trust is not an issue anymore. And help should be available 24/7. Or if not, some time could be spent on you.

No, i was so wrong. I thought the years in a friendship is a sign of stability. That they are willing to go through ups and downs. Together. But i was very wrong. Well, maybe it's me. Maybe i'm thinking with my heart here. But the very least i could get offered to help me through this hard times are words. In return i only get silence. Silence that rang so loud, it deafened my ears.

But instead, hands are offered from those i least expected. No questions asked. Just help offered. And these hands are those of whom i hadn't thought as friends. Just people that i know along the way. Here and there. But these people came thru. They stood there; offering their help. Maybe it isn't enough. But still, they are there. And little did they realise, i reall[y appreciated their help. It came through when i needed it most.

No, i'm not angry. Disappointed, yes. Well, maybe these paths and hardships are those of my own doings. Are the (wrong)choices that i might have made. But don't all of us make mistakes? But something came out of this episode. Now, i really know. Who are the people i could call friends. Friends that will be there to weather the storms together. To paddle the big waves. To make it together on the other side. Now i know.

This episode didn't kill me. So it makes me stronger, didn't it?

p/s: this post was meant for Thursday. But schedules and timings get the better of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home