Saturday, December 24, 2005

No name. No address. Just fate.


Serendipity: the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for (Merriam-Webster OnLine)

Sara: [Writing down her phone number] I can't believe I'm doing this.

Jonathan: Please let fate take its proper course.
[large truck zooms by, wind knocks number from his hand into a pile of blowing trash on the sidewalk]
Jonathan: That was an accident! Write that down please?

Sara: I can't! That's a sign. Fate's telling us to back off.

Jonathan: If fate didn't want us to be together, then why did we meet tonight? Got you!

Sara: I don't know, it's not an exact science, it's a feeling.

Jonathan: What if you're wrong? Huh? What if it's all in our hands and you just walk away? No names, no phone numbers, what do you think's gonna happen? Do you think good ol' fate is gonna deliver my information to your doorstep?

Sara: You know, that's the best idea you've had all night.

Jonathan: What's the best idea?

Sara: [giving Jonathan a $5 bill] Here you go. Write your name and number down.

Jonathan: On this $5 bill?

Sara: Yeah, just do it.

Jonathan: [writing down his name and phone number] You are a strange and interesting woman.
[gives her the $5 bill]
Jonathan: Now what?

Sara: Wait there.
[crosses the street and buys a roll of mints with the $5 bill]

Jonathan: Hey! What the hell was that?

Sara: Well, if that $5 bill makes its way back into my hands, I'll be able to call you, and when you hear my voice on the other end, then you'll believe in fate, won't you?

Jonathan: Hey! What about me?

Sara: What do you mean?

Jonathan: Well, we have to send something out in the universe with your name, don't we? I mean, that's the only fair thing.

Sara: That *is* the only fair thing. What have I got? Ooh, no, I have a really good idea.

Jonathan: [looking at the band playing] That's a lot of tubas.

Sara: [holds up a book] See this book?

Jonathan: Yeah!

Sara: [opens the book] So, when I get home tonight, I'm gonna write my name and number in this book, and first thing tomorrow morning, I'll sell it to a used bookstore.

Jonathan: Which one? You're not gonna tell me, you're not gonna tell me? Why not?

Sara: Now every time you pass an old book store you're gonna have to go inside to see if it's there!


Serendipity was shown on local tv last night. And boy, was i in love! Heh. Watching 2 people who put their love in the hand of fate. Fate which came in a form of a book which was to be sold to a random bookstores the next day and in $5 dollar-bill. Which in the end brought them together when they are just hours away from saying, "I do."

So..if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Is it not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home